Dealing With Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Dealing with ADHD
It’s a beautiful Indian summer day. Crisp cool air in the morning that gives way to warm shirtsleeve weather as the day progresses. The trees are giving just a hint of the brilliant colors their leaves will show in just another week or two.
Wearily, you plop yourself down in a kitchen chair after hanging up the phone. You lay your head down on the table and try as you might you just can’t stop the flood of tears.
Once the sobbing begins to subside, you begin to process the words you just heard. His teacher has just labeled your son, the child of your heart, “incorrigible”. This is the third such call in as many weeks and school has just begun!
This time the threat was very real. Either there are some rapid changes or he will be suspended permanently! The teacher even had the audacity to suggest you contact your pediatrician!
Reluctantly, you consider the escalating situation at school and make the decision to take him in for a checkup. With a heavy heart you walk to the phone and call the pediatrician. Luckily, she has had a cancellation and you can get him in the next day.
Does this sound familiar?
The same scenario is played out over and over again in various degrees every day. No particular country or socio-economic level are immune.
What our mother will discover is that her child is a victim of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. While it is not specific to age or gender, it is more frequently diagnosed in children and that it occurs in young boys more often than girls.
If you are concerned that you, your child or another loved one may have this disorder, you owe it to yourself to get the answers you need.
There is much controversy over what treatment, if any, should be pursued when dealing with someone with ADHD. Many schools would be happy if all ADHD children were medicated, while some parents would prefer a less radical approach.
What if you are an adult with newly diagnosed ADHD? How do you know if you were correctly diagnosed and what treatment should YOU pursue, if any.
It is no wonder people are confused about this controversial subject. “Dealing With ADHD” is just what you need to get the preliminary information you need before beginning any expensive method of treatment.
“Dealing With ADHD” will answer those burning questions for you. You’ll get information and answers such as:
- What Is ADHD Disorder? What is the relationship to ADD
- What are the symptoms of ADHD? Symptoms vary from child to child and adults as well. Learn the differences and the simularities
- Are There Similar Disorders? Other conditions that may mimic ADHD
- What Causes ADHD? There are many theories - learn what they are
- Diagnosing ADHD In Children - A deep discussion on this topic as well as the following one . . .
- Diagnosing ADHD In Adults - This may seem the same as the previous, but there are huge differences!
- Education and ADHD Children in Public Schools – An in-depth discussion of special needs in the public sector
- Education for ADHD Children in the Private Sector – What are there differences between the public and private sector?
- A Good IDEA – This is not what you think it is.
- Pharmaceutical Treatments for ADHD – Hmmm the big controversy is explored.
- Controversy in the Medical Community – This is a real hot topic!
- Natural Remedies for ADHD – Are there any and if so wht are they?
- Alternative Treatments for ADHD – This is another controversial subject. Is it really tantamount to “quackery” as some members of the medical community claim?
- Coping Skills for Patient and Family – What is your game plan and how can the entire family take part.
- Researching ADHD – Some of the cutting edge studies.Look, there are no easy answers to this important topic. But, if you have even the slightest question in your mind you need to read “Dealing With ADHD” if only to set your mind at ease.Remember our mother from the beginning? Don’t let fear of the unknown stop you from getting the answers you need.Do it now and grab your copy!